Leftover bread crumbs thicken this healthy, late summer soup.
- 2½ cups diced plum tomatoes
- ½ diced green or yellow bell pepper
- ½ peeled, chopped cucumber
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus additional for serving
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 4 to 5 cups vegetable juice (such as V8)
- ⅓ cup dry bread crumbs (made from stale bread)
Combine tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber, red onion, olive oil, red wine vinegar, 3 Tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and garlic cloves. Season with salt and pepper.
Stir in vegetable juice (such as V8) and bread crumbs. Chill 2 hours. Serve topped with more parsley.