Bobby says this coleslaw is great with just about any main dish. It can be your go-to side all summer long.
Coleslaw with Creamy Cumin-Lime-Dill Vinaigrette
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Grated zest of 1 lime
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp celery salt
- ½ tsp cumin seeds, toasted
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head napa cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
Whisk together mayonnaise, lime zest and juice, celery salt, cumin seeds, sugar, and dill in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
Add cabbage, carrot, bell peppers, and onion and toss to coat in dressing; season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours before serving.
Serves 4-6. Per serving: 180 calories, 10g carbs, 2g protein, 15g fat, 5mg cholesterol, 370mg sodium, 2g fiber
About the Author
Reprinted from the book Bobby Flay’s Barbecue Addiction. Copyright © 2013 by Bobby Flay. Published by Clarkson Potter, a division of Random House, Inc.