Pomegranates are jewels of autumn, but most people don’t get to enjoy them because their treasure is locked inside and hard to uncover. The ruby-like seeds can be sprinkled over appetizers, entrees, and desserts; or you can use the tangy juice to make healthy smoothies and dazzling cocktails.
The seeds taste both sweet and tart, like a cranberry mixed with a grape. Pick firm and red pomegranates that are heavy and they will be juicy and full of seeds. Learn how to cut and de-seed a pomegranate, then celebrate with the perfect pomegranate recipe for your next occasion.
1. Bruschetta Topped with Apricot, Melted Brie, and Pomegranate Seeds: Impress guests this holiday season with this festive hors d’oeuvre.
2. Christmas Eve Salad: A traditional Christmas Eve salad in Mexico, which is garnished with pomegranate seeds, will add festive colors to your dinner table.
3. Pomegranate Grapefruit Campari Cocktail: Forget about ‘gender specific’ drinks—men can enjoy pretty drinks too!
4. Caribbean Popsicles: These coconut water popsicles are healthy and colorful with the addition of pineapple, mango, papaya, blueberries, and pomegranate.
5. Pomegranate Tangerine Margarita: Fresh pomegranate simple syrup makes this margarita a showstopper.
6. Holiday Guacamole: Pomegranate seeds flash bright red against the green guacamole.
7. Salmon with Pomegranate and Orange Salsa: Incredible colors and flavors in this pan-seared salmon topped with a spicy salsa.
8. Curried Pomegranate Pistachio Quinoa: This salad is healthy, fast, and full of flavor and texture.
9. Butternut Squash, Yellow Raisin, Pine Nut, Pomegranate Salad: Gorgeous salad perfect for the holiday season.
Yvette founded MuyBuenoCookbook.com in 2010. She also is a professional recipe developer and food writer, and is the co-author of Muy Bueno: Three Generations of Authentic Mexican Flavor. You can watch a trailer for the book here.