I can’t believe Christmas is next week! This year has gone by way too quickly, but I am so excited about Christmas dinner with our whole extended family. The next few days I will be shopping and prepping for our big Christmas dinner menu. I’ve scoured the internet looking for new recipes to introduce to my family this year, and I have found several that sound like exactly what we need this year! Get out your notepad and start making your own list for Christmas dinner… that is, if you’ve already finished shopping for all those Christmas gifts! Does your family have a favorite Christmas dinner tradition? I’d love to hear about it!
1. Crescent Wrapped Brie – Christmas calls for a fancy appetizer to serve while everyone is waiting for the main event. This brie is easy to prepare, and makes a beautiful centerpiece to entertain your guests’ palates while they’re waiting for dinner.
2. Perfect Roast Chicken – Tired of turkey but still craving a bird? Try this perfect roast chicken. It is super-easy to throw together and cooks up just in time to be served with your favorite side dishes.
3. Standing Rib Roast with Fig Port Glaze – Christmas dinner deserves a little something special, doesn’t it? This rib roast is mouthwateringly delicious and would be the perfect addition to your holiday table!
4. Buttermilk Bacon Whipped Potatoes – Kenya and Chloe have really become bacon-obsessed over the past year. I’m not indulging them by putting bacon on their plates every week, but as a flavor and texture enhancer in a dish like these delectable Buttermilk Bacon Whipped Potatoes, it’s too good to pass up. Since I’m going not-so-healthy with the bacon in this recipe, I compensated by using less butter than traditional whipped potatoes call for and letting most of the creaminess come from tangy, low fat buttermilk.
5. Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries and Pecans – This dish combines the flavors and colors of the season to brighten your holiday food table and add something a little healthier to the full menu.
6. Spicy Garlic Green Beans – Garlic, lemon zest, shallots, and lots of spice. These green beans are addictive! Make sure to double the batch so everyone gets plenty on their plate!
7. Homemade Cloverleaf Rolls – There is nothing quite like homemade rolls. Fresh from the oven, they’re piping hot and oh so comforting. Add a little garlic butter while they’re baking and you’ve just made something on a whole other level!
8. Apple Almond Cake – Nothing fancy, just a heartwarming cake to make the house smell of fragrant apples, spicy cinnamon, and toasty almonds. It’s a treat everyone can enjoy during this peaceful time of year. Apple Almond Cake makes a great after-Christmas-dinner treat to enjoy with a mug of coffee or hot cocoa.