"Give the kale time to soak up the dressing and become a little more tender … Then it’ll be an acceptable and delicious replacement for lettuce in your salad!" Click here to read more about this recipe.
Marinated Kale Salad with Apples and Oranges
- 4 Tbsp canned mandarin orange juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 to 4 cup finely chopped kale leaves (toss the tough ribs)
- ½ cup canned mandarin orange slices
- ½ medium red apple (Gala or Red Delicious), chopped
- 1 Tbsp raw sunflower seeds
In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
Place the kale in a medium bowl and drizzle the dressing on top. Toss a few times until well coated with the dressing. Let the kale sit for about 10 minutes, tossing often to re-coat with the dressing. Add the remaining ingredients, toss again, divide between two plates and serve.