Lemons are in season year-round in supermarkets, which means you can always cook with them. Everyone loves lemons, and now you can make a variety of sweet and savory recipes with this sweet-tart bright fruit. Add a little citrus sunshine to your cooking with these 10 recipes.
1. Lemon-Lime Pie from Muy Bueno: This must be the easiest pie to make. Add all the ingredients in a blender, blend, and refrigerate. No baking is required.
2. Lemon Pie from Peru Delights: Kick up this American classic with a Peruvian twist.
3. Chickpea and Lemon Stew from Cooking with Books: This stew is unique and looks light and extremely flavorful and comforting.
4. Lemon and Pineapple Mocktails from Cooking with Books: Pineapple jam, fresh lemon juice, and Italian mineral water for a refreshing drink.
5. Lemon Curd from La Cocina de Vero: Homemade lemon curd can be spread on toast or topped over yogurt and ice cream.
6. Lemon-Tomato Chicken Pasta from Nibble and Feasts: Creamy and tangy—this hearty weeknight meal sounds simple and indulgent enough to make it a go-to recipe.
7. Strawberry Lemonade from Laylita’s Recipes: This vibrant homemade lemonade will be a show-stopping drink.
8. Tilapia with Lemon Pepita Sauce from Sweet Life: I love the classic combination of lemon and fish, and with Lent around the corner, this will be a great recipe for a Friday night.
9. Lemon Sorbet from Flanboyant Eats: A delightful dessert with an unexpected twist that will be sure to cleanse your palate after a meal.
10. Rick Bayless’ Meyer Lemon Margarita from The Latin Kitchen: “When life hands you lemons, make margaritas!”
Yvette founded MuyBuenoCookbook.com in 2010. She also is a professional recipe developer and food writer, and is the co-author of Muy Bueno: Three Generations of Authentic Mexican Flavor. You can watch a trailer for the book here.