A soft bed of polenta is the perfect base for this tangy chicken dish. Pair with Bella Sera Pinot Grigio.
Lemon Olive Chicken
- 1½ lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly grated pepper
- 2 Tbsp butter, divided
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock or reduced-sodium broth
- ½ cup mixed, pitted olives, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup Bella Sera Pinot Grigio (or use additional stock)
- 3 Tbsp chopped sun-dried tomatoes (preferably smoked)
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Chopped fresh rosemary
Cut each chicken breast into 3 pieces. Place a few pieces at a time in a plastic bag and pound with a meat mallet to flatten slightly.
Stir together flour, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add chicken to bowl and toss to coat well with mixture.
Melt 1 Tbsp butter with olive oil in a very large skillet. Add chicken and cook over medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
Melt remaining butter in same skillet. Add shallots; cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add stock, olives, wine, tomatoes, lemon juice and chicken to skillet. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until sauce is somewhat thickened, turning chicken once. Sprinkle with rosemary.