This quick and easy espresso-based treat is perfect for an after-dinner drink and a dessert.
- 4 Tbsp espresso, brewed
- 4 Tbsp Amaretto (or Frangelico)
- 1½ cup coffee light ice cream (or hazelnut light ice cream or light soy ice cream)
- ½ cup chocolate ganache, warmed
- 4 Tbsp light whipped cream
- 4 Tbsp hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
Pour espresso and Amaretto in the bottom of each dessert glass. Place 2 scoops of ice cream in each. Drizzle warm chocolate ganache over the ice cream. Top with 1 spoonful of light whipped cream and sprinkle with chopped nuts. Serve immediately.
About the Author
Cat Cora is a star of the Food Network’s “Iron Chef America” and author of “Cooking From the Hip” (Houghton Mifflin).