Breakfast can be one of the most challenging meals of the day—for me, anyway. I get bored easily. I tend to fall into comfort-zone traps where I find myself making the same smoothie recipe for weeks or eating eggs and bacon every day. My goals for the morning are simple: I want something that will fill me up and give me energy without weighing me down. I don’t want a lot of carbs. I’m interested in protein, produce, and healthy fats.
Luckily, there are many recipes available online to keep me inspired and motivated! I’ve rounded up a few of my recent favorites and I hope they’ll inspire you as well. Check out these creative, healthy breakfast recipes that offer the perfect fuel to jump start your day!
- No-Bake Pineapple Coconut Bars (Savory Simple) – If you like taking breakfast bars to go, these are a must. They are easy to prepare and absolutely delicious!
- Sweet Potato and Bacon Hash with Eggs (Parade Magazine) – Sweet potatoes, bacon, and brussels sprouts are a perfect base for eggs, any way you like them.
- Healthy Green-ya Colada Smoothie (Pineapple and Coconut) - A piña colada breakfast smoothie? And it’s healthy? Don’t mind if I do!
- Tropical Paleo Granola (Nom Nom Paleo) - This granola recipe has so many wonderful flavors and textures in the form of nuts, fruit, and spices. It’s a perfect breakfast, either with milk or on the go!
- Dijon Pork Breakfast Skillet (Holistically Engineered) – This flavorful breakfast skillet with definitely keep you full until lunch!
- Bacon Spinach Breakfast Fritatta Muffins (Running to the Kitchen) – These are a nice addition to a larger breakfast or brunch spread and they also make a healthy snack!
- Maple Apple Sausage Acorn Squash (Primally Inspired) – Acorn squash is sweet, flavorful, and filling. It makes the perfect base for these wonderful ingredients.
- Protein Packed Flour-Free Breakfast Pancakes (Fannetastic Food) – Eggs and bananas provide the base for this pancake recipe. You’ll never miss the flour and sugar!
- Baked Eggs and Chorizo (Savory Simple) – Eggs and chorizo are a match made in heaven.
- Roasted Beet and Micro Kale Egg White Frittata (The View From Great Island) – Roasted beets give this frittata a gorgeous, inviting color.
Jennifer Farley is the creator, recipe developer and photographer of Savory Simple, a blog dedicated to gourmet, simple, beautiful food and quality ingredients. Jennifer graduated from the Culinary Arts program at L’Academie de Cuisine in Gaithersburg, MD and has worked professionally as a chef and cooking instructor. Her work has been featured by Williams-Sonoma, Bon Appetit, Food52, The Kitchn, Huffington Post, and Marcus Samuelsson. She currently resides in Washington, DC.