This hearty chowder will feed & warm your whole family in just 25 minutes.
Corn Chowder with Salmon
- 3 strips bacon, cut crosswise into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped into ½ -inch pieces
- 1 lb russet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 14-oz can cream of corn
- 1-lb skinless salmon fillets (fresh or frozen), cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¾ cup half and half
- 2 Tbsp chopped red onion
In a large pot cook the bacon until crisp over medium heat. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on a paper towel lined plate. Pour out all but 1 Tbsp bacon fat; add onions.
Cook over medium heat until just tender, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add potatoes, broth, corn kernels and half the salt. Simmer covered for 10 to 13 minutes, until potatoes are just tender.
Add cream of corn, remaining salt and salmon; cook 4 minutes. Remove from heat, add half and half; stir to combine. Serve in bowls and top with chopped red onions.
Serves 4. Per serving: 540 calories, 69g carbs, 33g protein, 16g fat, 85mg cholesterol, 1530mg sodium, 2g fiber
About the Author
Next up: Roast Chicken & Root Vegetables