Make & chill the dressing while you prepare the rest of the ingredients for these delicious pita sandwiches.
Greek Chicken Salad
- 4 6-oz chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp fresh oregano
- ¼ cup olive oil, plus 2 Tbsp
- Salt and fresh black pepper
- 4 pita pockets
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp red-wine vinegar
- 1 tsp clover honey
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 jarred roasted red peppers, drained and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- 8 oz Feta cheese, in small cubes
Put chicken in a baking dish. Combine oregano with ¼ cup of olive oil in a blender; process until smooth. Coat chicken with marinade, cover and chill for at least 30 minutes. Remove breasts from marinade; season with salt and pepper.
Preheat oven to 300°F. Wrap pitas in foil and warm in the oven.
Heat 2 Tbsp of oil in a large nonstick pan over high heat. Cook chicken until golden brown, 4 minutes per side. Remove; let rest 5 minutes. Cut into ½-inch cubes.
Whisk lemon juice, red-wine vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Slowly whisk in extra-virgin olive oil. Add remaining ingredients; toss.
Remove pitas from oven; halve. Fill with salad.
Serves 4. Per serving: 850 calories, 43g carbs, 51g protein, 160mg cholesterol, and 53g fat.