Grilled Brie with Bacon and Tomato
- 8 (¼-inch-thick) slices center-cut bacon
- 10 Tbsp (1¼ sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 8 (1-inch-thick) slices Pullman bread
- 12 oz Brie, thinly sliced
- 2 green tomatoes, sliced ¼-inch-thick
- 8 oz soft goat cheese, cut into 8 slice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Put bacon in a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Cook, flipping once, until golden brown and crisp, 10 minutes. Remove to a paper-towel-lined plate. Break pieces in half; set aside.
Heat a cast-iron pan over medium heat.
Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Place 4 slices butter-side-down and layer each with 3 to 4 slices of Brie, 2 tomato slices, 2 slices of goat cheese, and 4 pieces of bacon. Season with salt and pepper. Place remaining bread on top, butter-side-up. Cook on the griddle until the bottom side is golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip, cover sandwich with upside-down heatproof bowl (to melt the cheese), and continue cooking until the bottom side is golden brown and the Brie has melted, 3 to 4 minutes.
Serves 4. Per serving: 1120 calories, 68g carbs, 48g protein, 205mg cholesterol, and 73g fat.
About the Author
All dueling recipes from Bobby Flay’s Throwdown! are now available in a cookbook. For a chance to win a copy, visit Parade.com/throwdown.
Next up: Try this delicious BLT Linguine