Lighten up your day with this marinated grilled chicken and fresh tomato salad.
Grilled Chicken with Greek Tomato Salad
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano or dill
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lb fully ripened fresh tomatoes, coarsely chopped (about 2-½ cups)
- 1 large green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped (about 1-¼ cups)
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves (about 6 oz each)
In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper. In a medium sized bowl combine tomatoes, bell pepper and cucumber with half of the olive oil mixture.
In a 1-quart resealable plastic bag, place chicken breast halves and the remaining half of the marinade; seal bag; turn to coat chicken completely with marinade. Cover and marinate the tomato mixture and the chicken for 15 minutes or, refrigerated, up to 24 hours.
Just before serving, preheat grill or broiler. Grill chicken breast halves until golden on both sides and cooks through, about 7 minutes, brushing occasionally with the marinade. Remove chicken to a cutting board; let rest 5 minutes; cut in thick slices.
Spoon Greek Fresh Tomato Salad onto serving plates; arrange chicken slices on top. Serve with mashed potatoes or rice, if desired.
Serves 4. Per portion: 314 calories, 29 g protein, 18 g fat, 10 g carbohydrate Enjoy this with a delicious Roasted Carrot Soup.