Like everyone else, I love a juicy burger hot off the grill. But an open flame brings out rich, vibrant flavors in many surprising foods. Try this easy yet outside-the-box recipe to instantly upgrade your backyard barbecue.
Grilled Stuffed Jalapeno Chilies
- 4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 oz soft goat cheese
- 1¼ cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions (green and pale-green part), thinly sliced
- Salt and black pepper
- 12 large jalapeño chilies, halved lengthwise, stemmed and seeded
- 1 heaping Tbsp ancho chili powder
Heat grill to medium.
Whisk together the cream cheese and goat cheese in a medium bowl until smooth. Fold in the cheddar and green onions; season with salt and pepper. Fill each jalapeño half with about 2 Tbsp of the mixture; sprinkle the top with ancho powder.
Place chilies on the grill, filling-side-up, and cook until slightly charred and tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Spoon the Grilled Red Pepper–Tomato Sauce onto a platter and top with the jalapeños.
Serves 6. Per serving with sauce: 150 calories, 5g carbs, 5g protein, 25mg cholesterol, and 13g fat.