Sheila's Caesar Salad
- 2 clove of garlic, very finely mashed into a paste with ¼ tsp coarse salt
- 1 Tbsp anchovies, rinsed, patted dry and finely minced
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp red-wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 hearts romaine lettuce, rinsed, patted dry and finely minced leaves separated, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 large egg, boiled for minute
- 3 Tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cup croutons, homemade or store-bought
Combine garlic, anchovies, lemon zest and juice, vinegar and mustard. Whisking constantly, drizzle in olive oil until thickened. Season with pepper. Reserve.
Before serving, place the lettuce leaves in a large salad bowl. Toss with ⅓ cup of the dressing to coat. Break the egg into the salad. Sprinkle with cheese and croutons and toss well.
Serves 6. Per serving: 170 calories, 13g carbs, 5g protein, 12g fat, 40mg cholesterol.
About the Author
For the perfect steak dinner, serve with this delicious Flank Steak.
Dash Classics: Soup & Salad