“Instead of Kahlúa, try Grand Marnier, crème de cacao, or another liqueur. For a festive touch, add green or red sprinkles.”
No-Bake Chocolate Kahlua Christmas Balls
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (5 oz) evaporated milk
- 1¼ cup vanilla cookie crumbs
- 1¼ cup ginger snap cookie crumbs
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- ½ cup finely chopped walnuts
- ⅓ cup Kahlྪ liqueur
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cup shredded coconut
Melt the chocolate chips in evaporated milk in a pot over low heat, stirring constantly, until well blended. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool for about 30 minutes. Combine all remaining ingredients except the coconut; stir into the chocolate mixture, blending well.
Shape the mixture into 1- to 1½-inch balls (if the dough is too moist, add up to ⅓ cup more cookie crumbs), then roll in coconut. Let air-dry for 2 hours on waxed paper. Transfer to an airtight container; store in refrigerator. Serve in pleated, brown-paper candy cups
Makes about 4 dozen.
About the Author
Next up: Chocolate Cherry Truffles