Buy the freshest seasonal vegetables for this pasta. A trip to your local farmers’ market might be in order.
Springtime Pasta Primavera
- 12 oz farfalle pasta
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup haricots verts (thin tender green beans), ends trimmed
- ½ cup thin asparagus tips and stalks, sliced in 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup fresh peas
- ½ cup white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 seeded and diced ripe plum tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp snipped fresh chives
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until just tender, about 12 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Melt the butter in a large pot over medium-low heat and quickly sauté the vegetables until just tender. Do not overcook. Season well with salt and pepper. Add the half-and-half and cook to thicken the sauce, 5 minutes. Season well with pepper. Toss in the drained pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan. Garnish with diced tomatoes and chives or pea shoots, if available. Serve immediately.
Serves 4. Per serving: 570 calories, 73g carbs, 20g protein, 23g fat, 60mg cholesterol