Guests always want seconds on stuffing that is moist and flavorful. Food Network host Tyler Florence adds apples and onions to keep his extra mouthwatering.
Stuffing by Tyler Florence
- ½ stick butter
- 2 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored, and cubed
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ lb loose Italian sausage (optional)
- 2 small onions, sliced
- 6 large cornbread muffins, torn into bite-size pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup light cream
- ¼ cup chicken stock
Melt butter in a pan over medium heat and toss in apple cubes. Cook for about 2 minutes to add a little bit of color, then set aside.
In the same pan, add the olive oil, rosemary, and sausage, if desired. Cook until lightly browned, then add the onions; cook for 10 minutes or until golden. Scrape into a large bowl; add the apples and cornbread. Season with salt and pepper; toss to combine.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, cream, and chicken stock; pour over cornbread. Stir stuffing, season with salt and pepper, and bake inside turkey or in a gratin dish as dressing. (For dressing, bake in a 375ºF oven for 30 to 40 minutes.)
Serves 8. Per serving (no sausage): 450 calories, 61g carbs, 8g protein, 75mg cholesterol, and 20g fat.