Angel Food Cake From the Box
- 1 package (18.25 oz) angel food cake mix
- 1¼ cup water
- Make it your own with these add-in Ideas:
- ½ cup toasted coconut
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp pure almond extract
- 2 Tbsp peppermint schnapps
- ¼ cup coffee, replacing the same amount of water
- ¼ cup orange juice concentrate, replacing the same amount of water
Beat on low speed to incorporate the mix with the water, and then 1 minute of beating on medium to fluff it up. Bake it following box directions and there you are!
Ways to Tweak an Angel Food Cake
Angel food cake mixes rely on water to get them going. Make your cake special by adding one of the above to the batter.
About the Author
|Click Here to Purchase The Cake Mix Doctor||Dear Dashboard, I have a butter allergy. How do I bake without it?||Next: Carrot Cake with Fresh Orange Cream Cheese Frosting|
Excerpted from The Cake Mix Doctor. Copyright 1999 by Anne Byrn. Used by permission of Workman Publishing Co., Inc. New York All Rights Reserved